M.Sc. in Physics Programme
The Department of Physics offers a two year M. Sc. (Physics) degree programme with optional courses in several areas such as Materials Science, Condensed Matter Physics, Biophysics, Nuclear Techniques, Accelerator Physics, Laser Physics, Non-linear Phenomena and Physics of Nanostructures etc.
The admissions of Indian candidates are through a national level entrance examination. The advertisement is put up in print media as well as on the webpage around March/April. The entrance examination is held in June. The first semester starts around the end of July.
Non-Indian candidates are requested to contact International Students Centre for queries regarding admissions.
Comprehensive M.Sc. syllabus for the University Department of Physics (Academic Flexibility) under credit system
Courses in Semester I
- PHY-P101 Basic Physics Laboratory-I
- PHY-P102 Computer Laboratory
- PHY-T103 Quantum Mechanics-I
- PHY-T104 Electronics
- PHY-T105 Classical Mechanics
- PHY-T106 Mathematical Methods in Physics
Courses in Semester II
- PHY-P201 Basic Physics Laboratory-I
- PHY-P202 Computer Laboratory
- PHY-T203 Quantum Mechanics-II
- PHY-T204 Electrodynamics-I
- PHY-T205 Statistical Mechanics
- PHY-T206 Atoms, Molecules and Solids
Courses in Semester III
One of the following two courses is mandatory
Electives that could be offered at Semester III (ONE ELECTIVE to be chosen)
Courses in Semester IV
Electives: Parts II of the PHY-T3## quoted above